Saturday, May 30, 2015

Trappist Beers

We got to talking and he introduced me to the Trappist beer family and we have since decided to try all of them from the area. I think there are 11 total with 7 from the general area.

Westmalle, not my favorite


Orval, getting better

Rochefort, so far my favorite




Chimay, probably my second favorite so far



Acheal, this was tied for probably my 2nd favorite


La Trappe Quadruppal, this one I think was a close third

The last beer was being a menace. We couldn't find it anywhere, my friend said it would be difficult to find but this was getting ridicules. FINALLY after walking around for an hour I was becoming delirious from thirst. I think we had to sacrifice a goat but we finally stumbled into a bar with the elusive last Trappist!


Westvleteren, Supposedly the best beer in the world. I wasn't super impressed with it. While it was very tasty the Rochefort 8 was still my favorite, plus the Westvleterean cost 15 Euro a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment