Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Athens



Well I needed to get to Cairo for a big scooter tour. After looking for tickets I found it was cheaper to buy round trip tickets Kiev-Athens then round trip tickets Athens to Cairo. I saved about $200 by doing that so I thought to stay in Athens a bit on the way down to check it out.

I landed around lunch time in Athens and went into the city. It costs 10 Euro for the metro from the airport to city center. I found my little hotel and went out to explore.

First I found a place that had gyro's so I got one of those amazing little things! Then continued walking.

Here is the Parthenon from afar.


I intended to go inside the Parthenon but I refused to pay 30 Euro for the entrance ticket! The closer I got the more construction equipment I could see up there anyways so I just kept on going.

Came across this also


More ruins of who knows what, they are everywhere.


Some sort of gate that is framing the Parthenon in the background


Then I ended up at the Stadium. It was the first Olympic stadium used in the modern Olympics

It was only 5 Euro to get in so I thought to check it out.





The tunnel where the athletes would enter the arena


The view from the top of the stadium was pretty nice.


The next day I had time to kill so I walked around and came across this car museum!

They had the Flintstone mobile!


The museum was pretty cool I was impressed they had a wide assortment of vehicles






This hand formed BMW


One of these cut away pieces that are always interesting


After the museum I just bummed around the city eating mostly. Ohh the food is so amazing! Then I started back to the hotel for bed so I could get up and fly to Cairo the next day!



No comments:

Post a Comment